Chocolate chip waffles are a great treat for a leisurely Sunday morning breakfast and sure to be a hit with children. The batter takes only a few minutes to make and only requires a waffle maker. Ingredients: 2 cups of all purpose flour;
1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips;
2 tbsp of granulated sugar;
1 tbsp of baking powder;
1/2 tsp of salt;
1/2 tsp of cinnamon, if desired;
1 2/3 cups of milk;
1/3 cup of melted butter;
2 eggs. Method: 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, chocolate chips, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, if desired.
2. Add milk, melted butter and eggs. Mix until moistened. Some lumps may remain.
3. Set a preheated waffle baker to 3 minutes and 45 seconds. Spread 1 cup of batter on the top side of the waffle baker.
4. Close the top; start the timer and rotate the baker.
5. Fill the second side of the baker; rotate again.
6. When signal sounds, remove the first waffle. Remove the second waffle.
7. Repeat with remaining batter.